Thursday 20 August 2015

Sisters Conference



G'day!

This week has been UP and DOWN! It started off great with one of our investigators approaching us and saying she wants to get baptized and setting her own, very faith filled date. I am very excited! We have a lot of work to do but I know she can do it! I do not doubt the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and if anyone can turn completely around in one month, it's her.

We had quite a few good lessons this week and I was able to meet some less actives I haven't met yet which was good. I need to meet as many people in this area as possible since I will be leading the area next transfer.

I went on a trio trade off. It is the weirdest thing to be in a trio. I heard my cousin is in one right now and I feel bad for her because it must be so hard! We tried to go contacting in a trio and there is nothing more awkward! We pretty much cornered this one guy and after a minute he ran away. I cringe looking back on it. It's tough. We tried to split up a bit, but that was hard as well. I enjoyed the time with the sisters but I think there is definitely a reason why Heavenly Fathers tells us to go out two by two.

We found a new investigator and I taught him on the trade off. I was leading the area, with another Sister who has been out just as long as I. So we are both not that experienced but she barely speaks English so I did all of the talking. We taught him the restoration and he seemed to have taken it well. So we will see how that goes!

This week I got VERY sick. I was almost rushed to hospital. I don't mean to scare you Mum and Dad, just thought you'd better know. I have never felt so ill and been in so much pain in my whole life! I was lying on the bathroom floor thinking: "This is it. I am going to die. I am going to die on my mission." Sounds dramatic, but that was how ill I was feeling. I couldn't stand up without vomiting and nearly fainting. (I lost a bunch of weight, which is actually cool but I am sure it will quickly come back). We had the Ward Mission Leader and Zone Leaders hurry over and give me a blessing while I lay on the floor. The Ward Mission Leader and his Wife stayed and looked after me and packed up my things to take me to the hospital. I didn't end up going, which I am grateful for because I hate the hospital. But I was just really wanting them to sedate me so I could be knocked out and not feel anymore pain. I am better now and I am so grateful for all those that helped me, I really felt Heavenly Fathers love through others this week.

Yesterday we had Sisters Conference! Ahhh! It was so much fun! We started off by going to the temple with all the sisters in the mission and with our President and his Wife. It was an amazing experience, the temple always is. We then all had lunch at the Mission Home. It was so cool to meet all the sisters and be friends with everyone. We are all united with one purpose which is what brings us together. Sister Funaki, Tamana, Siale and myself all did a musical number for everyone and it was actually good! I didn't know I was singing until the night before, but we owned it!

The theme of the conference was small and simple things. We all shared small spiritual experiences and our testimonies. The spirit was very strong. President also showed us a video that is on LDS.org about how Sister Missionaries came to be! It is all about the first Sister Missionary, it was so cool! I reccommend you check it out! :-)

Because I was sick a few days out of this week I don't have too much to report. Hope you enjoy the pictures of the Sisters and I :-)
I love you all so much and I miss you.
Love,
Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment