Tuesday 13 September 2016



G'day!

It has been an amazing, crazy week! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to be at the Royal Adelaide Show and to teach and testify to all those there. We were there everyday but only for 5 hours. Other Sisters would switch off with us so we didn't have to be there for 12 hours, otherwise I think we may have gone crazy!

We had many wonderful experiences! One of my favourites happened yesterday actually. Two little children under the age of 8 walked by our booth and saw the large image of Jesus in our booth. They both joyfully gasped and exclaimed, "JESUS! WE LOVE JESUS!!!" My heart melted. They ran in and started grabbing at the pamphlets with His picture on the front. We let them have them and they immediately started flipping through and looking at the pictures, then hopped off to join their parents.


Looking good in flourescent

We had a less active member enter the booth and bring a friend who used to investigate. Sister Townsend talked to him while I conversed with the less active member. He had so many questions and doubts, was bringing up all of these issues and random things that didn't make much sense. He would jump from one topic to the other, saying that it is impossible to see God like Joseph Smith did, that no one else in the bible has. I then showed him Exodus 33:11 (KJV), "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend..." There was further discussion and then I just decided to testify because I could see he was not willing to accept anything I said. I explained how I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that this past week I have never had so much opposition surrounding that topic, but that it has only strengthened and confirmed to me that it is true. He was a prophet, the Book of Mormon is true, that is something I cannot deny because the Holy Ghost has witnessed it to me. This is my simple testimony, but something unbreakable. I expounded that he knows this too, he has just forgotten. Because at one point the Spirit witnessed it to him and that witness caused him to act in faith and be baptized. This experience for me was a testimony builder.

We definitely did receive a lot of opposition but also a lot of positivity as well. I felt like I had to be really strong and I constantly prayed for the Spirit to be with me and fill my mouth. And He did, I would not be able to do this work without the Lord by my side. I know He lives and loves me and I know that His church has been restored and if anyone doubts that then I encourage you and God encourages you to find out for yourself. Read the scriptures, the Book of Mormon and the Bible, feast upon the words, ponder them and pray about them. Our Father in Heaven is not the source of all this confusion, he is a God of order and will always answer someone's sincere search for truth.

I loved this past week! So much fun! And I feel spiritually reenergized as well. This is the start of a new transfer, both my companion and I are remaining! Which is awesome :) Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Ps. We found a blue tongue lizard in our backyard this week! It was hissing at us...


wildlife

Heaps of Love,

Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment