Monday 14 December 2015

Gastro...Again



G'day!
This week we got to take our recent convert to the temple. We just walked around the grounds and sat in the waiting room. It was a very special experience. The Spirit is so strong and peaceful in the temple. I have not been able to go to the temple in over three months so it was beneficial for me as well as her. 
 This Friday we had an area seventy come and visit us missionaries and come for our Stake Conference this weekend. On Friday right before he spoke to us I said a prayer and asked a question that has been on my mind for a while. The very first words out of his mouth was my question in the prayer! And his whole training was directed toward my question! When he said those first words all the air in my lungs forced out and the Spirit touched my heart. I was entirely shocked and I listened intently and hung onto every word, knowing that Heavenly Father was speaking through Him to me. 

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

This Saturday I got very ill. Again. Gastro. It was not pleasant at all, I won't go into details. My Sister Training Leader came over and looked after me while the other Sisters went out finding. My Ward Mission Leader and his wife came over and helped out a bit and gave me a much needed priesthood blessing. I missed Stake Conference on both Saturday and Sunday and yesterday evening was the Missionary Christmas Fireside. I have given up about 2 months worth of Pdays driving downtown and spending all day practicing our songs. I was NOT going to let me feeling like I was about to faint or throw up any second stop me from going to that fireside! No way! So I rested as much as I could and I went (someone else drove us). The senior missionary in charge of looking after the sickness in the mission looked at me with shock/horror and said "Sister Coultrup?!" as I stumbled in to practice before the fireside. Despite feeling gross and weak I endured the fireside and I am glad I did. I didn't get to do my duet but it was still a beautiful fireside and I loved being apart of it. My favourite song we sang as a missionary choir was "Star of Bethlehem". I will spend the rest of today in bed. 

At the Temple

I also received an award called "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" for having a clean and beautiful flat :-) Hurrah! And a member made us a bunch of sparkley snowflakes to put up around our flat for decorations!
Merry Christmas! It is coming up so quick! Love you all.
Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment