Monday 9 November 2015

Teaching in your Sleep



G'day!
This week has been really good! I am heaps tired so that just goes to show it has been a gooder.
First off I want to share an experience we had this week. We went to follow up with a potential we found door knocking a few weeks ago. When she answered the door she was so happy and welcoming and caught us up on everything that has happened in her life these past few weeks. She told us that she has been looking for more peace in her life because she has been quite stressed out lately. I asked her if she prays. She says she does, but not very often so that when she does pray it is more "powerful". We told her that prayer is a great way to receive peace in her life, that God hears and answers every prayer and that it is important to pray often. She started to cry. She told us that she prayed this morning and that she "understands that God is busy so he sends us angels". She said, "I don't know if you realize but you three are angels. You go around, knock on peoples doors and ask if they are okay and if they need any help." She said she knows God sent us to her because of her prayer this morning. We are going to start teaching her now.
This experience strengthened my testimony of prayer, it is so powerful, God is mindful. She was able to recognize us as servants of the Lord. It was a great experience!


                                                    Sleepy Companion at Study
I learned this week that I talk in my sleep! My companions have conversations with me and apparently I teach in my sleep too, waking them up. That is very strange, I have never ever done this before my mission! I am kind of worried that I might say something embarrassing in my sleep because I can't control it. Haha oh dear.
We have a baptism coming up in less than two weeks! I am so excited! She is so solid, we went through the baptismal questions with her and she passed with flying colours. With this investigator I have learned that God always follows through with his promises, those from following the commandments. It is beautiful and it strengthens my faith. Helps me know that I can trust Him in everything and I know that I will be blessed.
This Sunday I had to bear my testimony twice. Once in both wards, I was asked last minute, in both wards. My companions were laughing at me. Apparently the Lord really wanted me to open my mouth yesterday. It was a good experience for me though. I love to bear my testimony, I am not ashamed of my beliefs and my testimony is compiled of things I know to be true, which I have learned for myself. This church is true, God is real and His Son Jesus Christ loves each and everyone of us. The Book of Mormon is true, it is a testament of Jesus Christ and gives us further light and knowledge just like the bible.
I love my mission and I love this gospel.
And I love you all!
With love from Down Under,
Sister Coultrup x

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment