Monday 11 January 2016

PACKING



G'day M8s,
I have a lot to talk about but I don't know where to start!
I guess I will say, I am finally being transferred. I have no clue what to expect. I have never been transferred before, been in Happy Valley 7.5 months. They have changed everything about transfers too. We no longer have a transfer meeting. So we will find out where we are going tonight, and will transport ourselves to our new area via bus or train (by ourselves!!). One of my companions Sister Reyes is leaving too but she has been told that she will be on an airplane. We are quite sure she will be sent BACK to Darwin. I am sad I am leaving Happy Valley, I have many fond memories but I look forward to seeing where the Lord will have me serve next. Wherever I go I know that there will be people I have to find and help. 

The saddest service project

Last Pday we went to Victor Harbour, which I am so glad we did because it will probably be my last time since I am being transferred. We got to go to the grave of the first missionary in Australia. He stayed here and died here and was burried in Victor (people here call it Victa). We had fish and chips for lunch, it was delicious. I was told the F&C down in Victa is the best and they were right. Fresh fish on the coast :)
 Also my dream came true. I got to serve down in Victor Harbour this week! The Elders had a lady who would much prefer to be taught by the Sisters so they set up an appointment with her and we went down and taught the first discussion. It was a great lesson and she is excited to read the Book of Mormon and went to church down there yesterday. The Sisters will continue to travel down there every week to teach her.

Finally!  It's never too late!

I realize I did not share anything about New Years last week. We were in the flat by 4pm for our safety. Aussies know how to party. We just cleaned and studied and planned and then we had pizza for dinner and opened the left over Christmas crackers.
Yesterday I received my Young Womanhood Recognition in Happy Valley sacrament meeting. I made it a mission goal to completely start over my Personal Progress and complete it on my mission. I never did it as a Young Woman and I regret it to this day. I am so grateful I was able to complete it and I learned so much from it. The program is truly inspired of God and helps Young Woman see their divine potential and recognize their true identity as daughters of God. It helps Young Woman draw closer to Christ and prepare to make and keep sacred covenants with their Father in Heaven. I received a plaque and a necklace as proof I did it. Haha. 

Saying goodbye to Victor Harbour

We had dinner with one of our investigators. She is one that I found with Sister Rooarii. She is a beautiful soul. I love her and will miss her when I leave. We have been teaching her for a little while and at dinner we gave her a Book of Mormon. I bore my testimony and told her that I KNOW that it is true and that this a gift and that there is nothing better that we could give her. I wrote in it my testimony as well and inserted a piece of paper where I wrote down all the questions of the soul from Preach My Gospel and the places where they can be answered in the Book of Mormon.
We have had a new family move into our ward this week. They were just baptized in Marion last month. They are so lovely! They are from the Middle East and have the most incredible conversion story. Which I won't share here for privacy reasons. Just know that they are true Christians who are dedicated and I am so grateful to have met them.
On Saturday our recent convert Melanie had us over for dinner. Little did I know that it was a birthday celebration for me! She knew my birthday was coming up and she knew transfers were coming so just in case she wanted to celebrate my birthday a little early. She decorated her house and made a lovely meal and gave me a beautiful skirt as a gift. I am so grateful for that. I was not expecting it and she didn't have to do that. She is a beautiful soul. 
Forgot the sunscreen

We also did a service this week where we chopped up over 100 onions. There were many tears and we joked about it being the "saddest service we have ever done". The picture of us holding buckets is from the service. There were four more buckets.

I would like to end off by bearing my testimony. I know that God lives. If you are having doubts, that is okay, we all have doubts now and then. But doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. I have been so blessed by having the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, it has been a strength and support for myself and my family. To know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ who died for me and has suffered my pains, sins and sorrows brings me great comfort. Growing up with the gospel in my life is something I am truly grateful for. My parents are great examples to me. There is no better way to raise a family than in the gospel. I have never been more happier in my life than the times where I was truly living the gospel of Jesus Christ, following His teachings and walking in His way.
I love you all so much, have a great week. I have yet to find out where I am going but I cannot wait to!
Take care,
Sister Coultrup



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment