Tuesday 8 March 2016

It's the Little Miracles that Count



G'day mates!

It has been a really great week.

We had 5 investigators at church on Sunday, which was a miracle. We have been trying really hard to get people to attend church to see it for themselves, with no success. We only ever have Sa at church, the one who is getting baptized this week.
But we had a few from two families that we are teaching attend! And they both said they will be back next week.

This week I received this big package from my parents which I was really confused about because I was not expecting anything. While we were on the phone at night to our District Leader I was opening the package. I opened it and out popped a stuffed camel. I looked at the camel in confusion and Sister Freitas burst out laughing! "Why do you have a camel?!" She asked. I had absolutely no idea. The Elders laughed about it and asked if they could have the camel. I said no because there has to be a good reason why I have a dromedary camel. I thought, maybe Benjamin went onto my Mum's iPad, opened one of her tabs and somehow accidently sent me a camel? I could not think for the life of me why. After the call and my companion was off getting ready for bed I sat there at my desk staring at the camel. Then it finally hit me. HUMP DAY. Camels have humps... and it was my hump day... haha. I laughed so hard because my parents are so witty. Sorry I am a bit slow but I eventually got it. Thank you! I named my camel Moses.


Hump Day

On my Hump Day I woke up with a massive headache which quickly turned into a migraine I spent most of the day under the covers to keep out the light because it was making everything worse. I even forgot it was my half-way mark because I was not feeling well at all. I eventually felt well enough to go out and proselyte for the rest of the evening, especially since we had a set appointment with one of our investigators. We had a great lesson with her. The first thing she said was, "Sisters! Prayer works!" She said one night she prayed to have a good sleep, and it happened. Then the next night she prayed for something else and it happened and so forth. So now she has been praying every night for at least 10 minutes she said. Then she asked the million dollar question.

"So what do I have to do to get baptized?"

Sister Freitas and I were shocked! We explained how and she committed to be baptized. She said ever since she first met with us she has given up alcohol and coffee. We did not even teach the Word of Wisdom. She is the elect that God has prepared for us. This is the investigator I talked about the other week, the 20 year old girl that is into video game design.

This week I got a flat tire on my bike. I rode over some pokey evil Australian weeds and they popped it. We had to walk the rest of the day and I sprained my ankle by running because we were late for an appointment.



A funny moment from this week... We had dinner with Bishop and his family and they have a vegetable garden. Bishop asked if we wanted some Zucchinis and sized them by holding his arms out wide. And I laughed and said yeah right you have Zucchinis that big. I should not have laughed because he was serious. For some reason these Zucchinis are became Super - Zucchinis. There must be something in the water in Australia.  We gave them to President and Sister Parker yesterday as gifts to help them with their healthy eating regime. They thought it was funny and promised to make something for us with them.



1. The Holy Ghost
2. Faith
3. God is our loving Heavenly Father (Understanding our divine identity)
4. Focus

I believe that these apply also to just daily life, not just missionary life. I don't have enough time to explain why, but I invite you to ponder and study how these four principles can help you in your life and with the decisions you make daily.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love

Sister Coultrup
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints


The biggest zucchinis you've ever seen


Yesterday we had a mission conference with our Pacific Area President, President Pearson and an area seventy Elder O'Riordan. Both of whom I have met before at the last conference. It was a fantastic, revelatory conference. President Pearson talked about four principles that will help us in our missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment