Wednesday 2 March 2016

Hump Day



On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Bethany Coultrup <bethany.coultrup@myldsmail.net> wrote:

G'day everyone,

It has been a great week!

We saw lots of success through out the week. We got to see a lot of people which was great compared to the weeks where no one is home or wants to receive us. We biked ALL week. There are many times I look behind me and can barely see my companion because she is so far away. She says I bike too fast. I suppose that comes from trying to keep up with my Dad.  I have actually begun to enjoy biking here, many blessings come from it. We get to speak to more people and the Lord sees us working really hard all day long and he blesses us with little miracles here and there!

Sa and Foe got married! Sa is bride, she is our investigator. She will be baptized in the following two weeks! I have never witnessed a marriage before. It was beautiful and people told me I would cry and I thought, "pfft nah I won't cry, why would someone cry at a wedding?"

I cried.

It was so beautiful! I am very happy for them. The wedding was awesome, lots of food and the families did cultural dances for entertainment which was so cool! They even did a Haka, because they lived in NZ for a while.
We helped decorate for the wedding as well, which was fun. Lots of balloons and things.


Beautiful couple


Cute wedding party

We had a special Stake Conference this Sunday. We had a broadcast specially for Australia and New Zealand from SLC. So we had to go down to my last area, which is the stake center. It is an hour and a half away and Sister Freitas fell asleep in the car. Yes, I took the opportunity to evilly take pictures. Also everyone in the car did not know the way to Onkaparinga from Murray Bridge so I had to guide them. I am not even a local and I know Adelaide really well. At Conference I got to see all my family! (Mission family) It was so nice to see Brother and Sister Watts and everyone else. The conference was great too. The main theme was having faith and trusting God. There was as story shared that I loved and want to share too.


Evil picture taker

Back a while ago there was a famous tight rope walker. He would walk a tight rope that went over Niagara Falls. I don't remember his name but I am sure some people know who I am talking about. He would walk this tight rope over rushing death waters and would do it with his manager on his back. He turned to the crowd and asked, "Who thinks I can do walk this tight rope while pushing a wheel barrow?" Everyone said, "Oh yes we believe you can do it! You are fantastic and talented!" Everyone cheered. He got everything set up then asked, "Alright, so who will get into the wheel barrow?" Everyone went silent. No one volunteered to get into the wheel barrow. They all believe that he could do it, but did not trust him enough. This relates to us with God. We know that He is omnipotent and we have faith in Him, but that is not enough, we need to trust Him. With everything, turn to Him in all times of need and He will lift us and make things easier to bear.

This morning a member picked us up in her 1939 Chev. It was so cool! She offered to let me drive it, but I don't know how to drive manual so it didn't happen. This car was brand new right as the Second World War started. I loved the experience of driving down country roads in Aussie in a 1939 Chev. Who else can say they have done that?


Nice ride!




It is my hump day this week. On March 3rd, 2016. I turn 9 months old on the mission. Meaning I am half way through! I cannot believe it. Time flies.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week.

Love

Sister Coultrup



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment