Thursday 14 April 2016

City of Colour



G'day!

It is autumn and all the leaves are changing and falling, it is so beautiful here! The mornings are starting to get chillier as well, which you would be surprised to hear since it is Australia. But South Australia is actually the coldest state I have heard.


Autumn in Australia

This week has been really great. We got to see General Conference. I loved it! We had a few investigators come as well. I loved to hear from Thomas S. Monson, our Prophet, even though it was short. I love Alice in Wonderland, it is one of my favourite books and children's stories. I love how he related Alice's conversation with the Cheshire (Did anyone notice President Monson said Chinese?) Cat to our lives as members. Unlike Alice we know where we are going and we know which path we have to take. I also loved Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk about fearing tomorrow. That really hit home for me as I feel like those children running away from the tomorrow dinosaur in that picture. A scripture just came to mind: "Therefore, let the morrow take thought for the things of itself." - D&C 84:84. I tend to worry to much for the future, (like what to do after the mission) but I just need to trust in the Lord and worry not because He has everything under control. Life is but a weaving.

 
Nightime contacting

We had a little miracle this week. While walking around talking to people on North Terrace by the library we found this lady from South America. After a bit of talking to her she said, "You know I am actually baptized into your church." She went on to explain how she got baptized for her Mormon boyfriend about 6 years ago, since then they have broken up and she had moved to Australia by herself. She told us we have perfect timing, but wouldn't tell us why. We just told her the Lord knows HER perfectly and we are just His servants. She will come to church this Sunday for the first time in years.


My district

No, I don't think I'd rather be anywhere else

Today we went to the temple, which is why I am emailing on a Thursday and not a Monday. The temple was gorgeous and spiritually uplifting as always. I will include some pictures of the temple today with some of the new district I am in.

Love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)




 Love,

Sister Coultrup.
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment