Tuesday 29 November 2016

Entheos



G'day!

This week has been splendid! We got to go contacting on Rundle Mall this week, and there were other preachers there which I have not seen before. There was this one man, yelling at the top of his lungs, "HE IS THE GREAT I AM..." and some other things, waving a bible around. It was pretty scary to be honest. I have never seen that outside of the movies, when I saw it in real life I was amazed that people actually do that! When we are contacting on Rundle Mall we abide by the permit laws and we stand there saying hello to people and not being too pushy. When people are interested they come up and talk to us. We have some amazing contacts that way because God literally leads the elect into your path. While I was standing there a former investigator came up to me and said hello and exclaimed, "This is God! He lead us together again!" It was wonderful to see her one last time. 

This weekend was also very special as we had a lot of events to go to. We had Marion Stake Conference and an invitation Sunday up in Paralowie. They are on the complete opposite ends of Adelaide. Saturday evening Sister Townsend and I went down to Marion for the adult session of conference, which was awesome! We had the displays but we also got to listen. They had an area Seventy there and he gave an amazing talk. Lots of it stood out to me. One of my favourite things he mentioned was hope means: Having an optimistic perspective eternally. He also mentioned that the word enthusiasm is a Christian word. It was given to early Christians, first being the word Entheos, which means, "God is with them". 

Do we have enthusiasm for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and do we show it? I know that God is with us. I know that He lives and loves us, as we turn to Him in sincere prayer God will reveal all things to us in His time. 

On Sunday Sister T and I went on splits, she went up to Paralowie to do the event there and I went down to Onkaparinga for the Sunday Session of Stake Conference. That was a very special experience for me because if you can recall, that was my first area, and I spent half my mission in the Marion stake. I got to see so many wonderful people who mean a lot to me. It was such a blessing that I got to go there the week before I complete my mission. I feel so blessed. I also was given the opportunity to bear my testimony to the whole mission over a conference call because I did not get the chance to in the last specialty training because we had to leave for a PVC event. That has never been done before, so that was very special, and nerve wracking for me. I wanted to make sure I gave the missionaries my best encouraging advice and help them to feel of my sincere testimony of Christ and the restored gospel.

The Lord Jesus Christ lives. He is my Saviour and he has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in His place, to say and do the things that He would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts, my words are His words, and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done, to say what He wants said. To be a living modern witness in word, and deed of the divinity of this great and marvelous latter-day work. How great is my calling! I know that the Lord is within the seams of this work, he is constantly by my side, leading me, guiding me and lifting me. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again restored to this Earth through a prophet of God. How glorious is that? Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that He continues to call prophets to lead us and guide us home to Him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, I sustain him as the President of the church and I know that he serves and leads the literal Church of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ stands at the head. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is another witness of the glory of Christ, I know this because I have read it, prayed about it, and it has been revealed to me through the Holy Spirit. I know that you can know too as you read and pray with sincerity of heart and real intent. 

Let us go out and LIGHT THE WORLD! Spread the love of Christ and serve and take on this new Christmas initiative. www.mormon.org

I also know that Australia, specifically Adelaide is the promised land!!! Miracles have been wrought here, it is sacred ground.

Heaps of love from down under,

Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment