Friday 18 September 2015

Don't Panic and Carry a Towel



G'day,
So this week was crazy as! We had transfer meeting. That was a mess. So many tears! I was on and off crying that day. Near the end of the day when I was still crying an Elder came up to Sister Funaki and I and told me to stop crying. Then proceeded to call me a pickle because I was wearing a green dress. Needless to say that made me stop crying. I will miss Sister Funaki but I look forward to what this next transfer with a new companion holds!

The following day we had district meeting and arrivers dinner. We have a new district leader and he did a great job with the meeting and conducting his training. Learned a lot. Arrivers dinner was cool! This was a really big intake of new missionaries! There was 14 new. We all had dinner together and there was a testimony meeting where all the new missionaries got to bear theirs. Everything didn't end until 9:30pm, the time we should be back at the flat, which was 45 minutes away. We ended up sleeping in the mission home that night. Luckily I had a smart idea before we left and packed an over night bag just in case. 

This was one of those weeks where no one wants to see you and nothing works out. Just my luck for my first week as a trainer and leading the area hey :-) Not stressful at all :-)
We did manage to see a few people which was good. We have two solid fairly new investigators and I have high hopes for them. Our lessons were great and I look forward to watching their testimonies grow.

Our investigator that got baptised last sunday was confirmed yesterday. It was such a cool experience. She is now a member of the church and has the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are so blessed to have this gift. It has definitely helped me in my life. 




Something I have been learning this week is patience and tolerance. I know my family knows that I am not a patient person. My patience was tried when I was called to serve as a primary chorister. I thought haha, yeah I can't do that. But I managed to. I struggle with being patient with myself. I found a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that has been my walking stick this past week.
"Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength and means provided to enable you to translate; but be diligent unto the end." - D&C 10:4
If you are trying to do something but it is just not working out the way you want. Or your skills and abilities are not where you want them to be, don't panic (and carry a towel). Take a step back, breathe, reasess and recognize that all things come over time. I have the "I want it now" attitude with my missionary skills at the moment. But I need to not run faster than I have strength, take things a step at a time and just be diligent. All things will come as you are diligent and steadfast in your work.
I love you all and I miss you.
With love,
Sister Coultrup


--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment