Tuesday 29 September 2015

Jab Your Convert with a Pen



G'day Family and Friends!
Where did the week go? Is it Monday already? Wow!
On Tuesday we had a Multi-Zone Conference. We went up to the mission home and we had Elder Pearson of the Seventy come and speak to us. It was amazing! I learned so many things, he pretty much covered everything. I also felt a little rebuked in some areas, but that is okay! Just means I need to try harder and change! He mentioned the rule of 7. Apparently it takes 7 contacts with the missionaries before someone is ready to hear the Gospel. So when people reject you, just realize you are still doing vital work. Turning 1s into 2s, 2s into 3s and so on. Then one day, a missionary will come across and those people will be ready.


We biked a lot again this week. Our area is really hilly, it is so painful. We were on our way to an appointment and I would have to turn around every minute or so because I was going to fast for my companion. I felt bad but I couldn't help it and I also didn't want to be late so I kept throwing back, "Good job!" and "You can do it Sister!" We got to our appointment in 45 minutes. We taught our lesson then mowed her lawn. Time escaped me and I realized it was 5:15 and we had a dinner appointment at 6:00, which was at a place further away from where we started biking. Panicking, we said goodbye and hit the road with determination. I biked super fast and pushed my companion so hard I felt like the guy on P90X or Insanity. What a trooper through,m and we made it back in 30 minutes, right on time for dinner.
We went on Trade-offs this week, I went into Christie's Beach area. It was a really nice break to be honest. I didn't have to lead, I just followed my companion and we did service the whole time. Loved it. Also I found a street with my name on it. Which you will see in a picture. We also found a spider on our Trade-off. SCARY!!! Our recent convert TORE up her living room to find this spider! Don't even know what kind it is but didn't want to risk it.

 

We had one of our recent converts come out teaching with us for the first time. He has only been baptized for a month. We went to visit a new chinese investigator we have. Our RC did a fantastic job! When she didn't understand a word he would translate in Chinese and he bore beautiful testimony. I was blown away and so grateful! If missionaries and members work together we can work miracles! The Spirit was definitely present in that lesson and I can't wait to see her again.
On Sunday I was sitting next to my companion and one of our recent converts in Sacrament meeting. He had fallen asleep and was slowly leaning over to me. So as he leaned I leaned more into my companion so he wouldn't touch me. I looked up at the stand and the speakers were laughing at the situation because I was feeling very awkward. Even when I poked him he wouldn't wake up! So I got my pen and jabbed his leg, then he jumped up right. It was so funny. 


 We also had Specialized Training from the President this week! Which was awesome. It lasted from 9:30am - 4pm though. It was really long.. President pretty much recapped what Elder Pearson taught to us earlier in the week and commited us all to apply the training immediately and change the mission. 
 

I have been really enjoying myself out here. The tough times are all worth it. I love my mission and I love serving the Lord. I'm not sure if I have said this before but I wouldn't leave my family for a year and a half with very limited contact if I didn't know that what I was going to share is true and will help others be with their families forever.
I love you all so much, I pray for you always.
Love,
Sister Coultrup x

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment