Tuesday 1 September 2015

Door slamming...and BBQ!



Hello Family and Friends!
This week has been tough/rough. But I am still smiling :-)
We had an awesome Pday last week. We were meant to go to Hallet Cove and have a BBQ, but it started to rain (surprise, surprise, it is always raining!) so we had it at the church. Aussie BBQs are the BEST! I wish you could all have some! We had our whole zone there playing sports and eating lots of BBQ and sweets. Probably not the healthiest, but oh well it was fun. Sis. Funaki and I made T Shirts that say AAM on it and I added something special to the back which you will see in the pictures :-) It basically explains our companionship!




No one wanted to see us this week. We set ourselves some high goals but couldn't achieve them because everything fell through. Almost all of our appointments fell through!!! So sad!
I went on two trade offs this week, which was hectic as. I was leading the area. I was paired with a new missionary (newer than me) so I really needed to step up! Our day together was crazy. I felt bad because it was her first trade off and I think I made it suck. No one could see us, no one was home. We went door knocking and I have never met so many rude people in a row. She told me she hadn't had a door slammed in her face yet, and now she feels like a real missionary. So many slams... So much yelling... 


We had district meeting and Sister Funaki was giving the training. She did a fantastic job, she is an amazing missionary. She told us to think about the moment we received our mission calls. How did we feel? What were our expectations and desires for a mission? Then to reasses our desires now. The further you go in your mission the less and less excited you can get because of all the dissapointment. But she encouraged us to set out a mission plan. Rekindle those desires and work. Let the work change you. It would be a shame if we came out here and when we went home we haven't changed. We need to be humble enough to let Heavenly Father mould us. I believe this works in everyones life no matter whether you are on a mission or not. Sometimes we can be stubborn and not want to change, but we won't get to where we want to be if we do not allow God to work in our lives and change us. I remember a quote from before my mission that brought me great comfort and it has been on my mind a lot lately.
"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."
 

On my second trade off I went with Sister Rongomate again (she was my first trade off). She told me after the first lesson we had in her french accent: "Man Sister Coultrup you have changed!" It was really great to hear her explain how I have changed, I am glad because sometimes I am not sure whether I am progressing. But from someone elses perspective I am.
   
I don't have many more things to say, it hasn't been all that and I don't want to bore you with my door slamming stories and the things people say to us missionaries haha.
Anyways I love you all so much and I pray for all of you. Please stay safe and well.
Love,
Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment