Saturday 12 September 2015

Training a Tahitian...Terrified



G'day Family and Friends!
What a marvelous few days it has been! :-) We had a trade off on friday and saturday. Sister Funaki and I stayed in the area with Sister Aspenall and Sister Rooarii went into the Fullham Gardens area with Sister Condie. We had a CRAZY 24 hours. With Sister Funaki going home this week everything has been GO GO GOG OGOGOGOGOO! Go. Insanely busy, more so than usual. Everyone wants to see her and say goodbye, she has made great friends here. She has served in this ward for 12 months, only been in 2 areas her whole mission! So you could imagine the amount of people there are for her to say goodbye to. We went on heaps of splits, to get all of our lessons done. This week we were able to more than double the amount of lessons we did the week previous! A member and I were coming back from an appointment to pick up Sister Funaki and Aspenall and I thought everyone was in the car and started to drive away, then I heard a scream and Sister Aspenall wasn't in the car and the door was wide open, then she jumped in and we all laughed until we cried it was so funny. Now I will always check everyone is in the car before I drive. Oops. 
So I woke up one morning and had two bright red eyes, my eyes are still bright red. My Ward Mission Leader (Brother Watts) joked with me saying that when I go door knocking, people will answer the door and there is me, the devil at their door... Hahaha. Very funny. It is just an allergic reaction to something I had, I checked with an optomologist.

We found 2 new investigators this week! Which is a massive blessing, we have baptised 3 people in a week so we really needed to find new people teach and I was getting worried. We worked hard and we were able to find 2 more and they are both so lovely! I can't wait to get to know them more. A member (who is a recent convert) comes out with us all the time and helps with fellowshipping our investigators. She has been such a great help and sacrifices a lot for us. She was able to receive a blessing this week by finding a job through one of our investigators she fellowships with us. That was wonderful to see Heavenly Father bless her for helping the missionaries and serving the Lord.

 

This week we had another one of our investigators get baptized. I cannot express the amount of love I have for this woman. She is living proof of the incredible power of the atonement. She was able to quit smoking and drinking in 4 weeks. She has been addicted since a teenager. I have never met someone in my life with the amount of faith and love for Jesus Christ that she has. She is an example to me and it was a miraculous moment to see her take the step to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. She has changed her life. The atonement bears no scars. I am so proud of her! Most of her family came from hours away to support her! It was so beautiful for them to see the change in her and to witness this step into a happier way of life. I wish you could all meet her and see the heavenly glow she has. Everything is worth it once you get to meet people like her. She is one of the biggest miracles on my mission so far. When she was baptized and came up out of the water she turned to everyone from behind the glass, raised both her arms in the air and exclaimed, "Hallelujah!" It was SO funny, and very much her. I should've expected it. :-)
I am so grateful to be apart of this great and marvelous work. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ restored upon the Earth today. I am grateful for the priesthood power and the blessings that I receive from it. I am immensely grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am beginning to understand it better on my mission. I feel privileged to have seen it work in other people. We are so blessed to have the atonement at our fingertips and that we can be forgiven for anything as long as we are sincere. The change to start a new is beautiful. 
 

This morning we received our Transfer call.
Sister Funaki: Packing - going home after serving honurably for 18 months.
Sister Rooarii: Remaining.
Sister Coultrup: Remaining, training Sister Rooarii.
So here we go! I will teach her English and how to be a missionary. And she will teach me little phrases in French! I hope to learn how to bear my testimony in French.
Please pray for me as I will need it.

Love you all so much!
Sister Coultrup (Sister Cool)
--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment