Wednesday 14 October 2015

Ponderize



G'day everyone,
This week has been great! We have had many blessings!
We had two of our investigators come to General Conference this weekend. The first one came to the morning session on Saturday and she loved it! She took lots of notes and when we talked with her afterwards she was beaming and couldn't tell us quick enough everything that she learned. The second investigator (our African one) came and he brought his brother! They come from a family of 11! They are all so kind to us and we hope that they will be open to discussions as well. We will see how it goes.
The weather here is warming up. A lot. It is summer weather for back home. High 20s. It is beautiful but I know this will not last, that it is the calm before the storm where it goes into the High 30s. I think I will come home a puddle of Sister Coultrup, I can't handle the heat!  
We followed up with a potential this week and she set up an appointment to see us this following week. She is a mum of 3 children. Can't wait to teach her. She is so lovely. It is always exciting when we find new people to help. All the hard work pays off.
I loved General Conference this weekend. I wanted to bring my note book and share some of the things I liked the most but I forgot to bring it to the library! Arg! Sorry! But I will share what I remember off the top of my head.
The first one. I loved the "PONDERIZE" talk! Each week we should pick a scripture, read it, memorize it and ponder on it throughout the week. I have taken up the challenge and this week my scripture is 1 Nephi 15:24:


"And I said unto them that it was the word of God: and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations or fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."
I loved Elder Hollands talk for a few reasons. When he spoke about a Mothers love I cried and thought of my Mum. I loved the line that went something like: "A mothers love is divine." Beautiful.
I learned a lot about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. That is something the Apostles (aka Jesus Christ) is really focussing on right now. It is in the 10 commandments. We are promised so many blessings from keeping the Sabbath Day holy and I know it can be hard but it is all worth it in the end.
I loved the talk directed towards the YSA about university and just things to look forward to. It really gave me a lot of insight into things for after my mission. 


In the General Woman's Conference I loved President Uchtdorf's talk! That was lovely. He told the story of Old Aunt Rose and the little girl. We need to be postive and look forwards with a brightness of hope.
Anyways that is all for now. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week. Next week is transfers! Woo hoo!
Love,
Sister Coultrup



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment