Wednesday 7 October 2015

Golden Investigators and Tons of Pics



G'day!
Sorry you didn't receive an email on Monday. It was Labour Day and everything was closed so we didn't get to email. Then yesterday was so hectic there was no time to email so, here I am on Wednesday finally emailing!


We had a really good week. We got to see a lot of our investigators. One of them, from Africa came to a Missionary Fireside on Sunday. I was SO pleased. He has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and loves reading and studying it, it is just a struggle to get him to commit to church. The fireside was the next best thing. He came and loved it, I loved it too, it was great, it was all focussed on Jesus Christ being "a poor wayfaring man of grief". The best part is after the Fireside our investigator found one of his really good friends from school there! His friend is a recent convert also from Africa and they have been in Australia around the same time. They both didn't have any clue about eachother being involved with the church. I am so glad that he now has a built in friend in the gospel. 
 

 We saw another one of our investigators this week. We went with her to visit her Mum who lives in an age care building. Her Mum is unwell so she was so pleased that we would take time out to visit her. We also had a lovely lesson. She as well, loves the Book of Mormon. She has been reading and finding comfort and wisdom within its pages. She bought Sister Rooarii and I presents as well, also made us bracelets. It was so sweet, she said that we are her angels and wanted us to remember her when we leave and go back to Canada and Tahiti. It warmed my heart to have her thank us, it made me happy to know I have made someone else happy, even if it is just in the slightest.  


We received a referral from the office on Monday and they set up and appointment for us the following day. We went to visit this couple who are interested in the church and it was a great lesson! The spirit was so strong. Tears were shed and smiles were shared. I am so grateful to have met them and that I can be apart of this new journey in their life. They are so kind, humble and willing to learn. Golden investigators! And they have a best friend who is a member, which is who got them interested in the first place. Members and Missionaries need to work together "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." We need to align our will with God's will and seek to help our Brothers and Sisters find the gospel. Everyone needs it, whether they know it or not. It is such a blessing to be apart of the gospel of Jesus Christ and be involved in this great and marvelous work. It is the work of angels and it leads people to eternal joy with their eternal families. 


Now I will talk about my two Pdays we had last week and this week. Last week we had a zone BBQ at Hallet Cove Beach. It is the only beach in the mission where missionaries are allowed to go. I was beyond pleased to go to a beach! It was sooo beautiful, which you will see in pictures. We had a nice BBQ and threw around the American Football. Sister Rooarii and I went on a little hike around this park next to it. Stunning. I love Australia, I feel so blessed to have been sent here. This Monday we went to Victor Harbour's wildlife park. First I want to say how much I love Victor Harbour! It is a small town, but I would live there. It is gorgeous! I got to pet and feew Kangaroo's, hold a python and pet a Koala :-) It was 36 degrees though and we walked around all day. I thought I was going to disappear in a puff of smoke. I have never been in such awful heat in my life! It was windy too, but it was not a cooling wind, it was HOT and just made everything worse! But other than the weather I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The kangaroos just jump around freely and they come up to you and sometimes climb up you and it kinda freaked me out, which you will see in the pictures. But it was so great! I also got to see the most poisonous snakes in Australia, they were behind glass of course. I saw the Death Adder and my favourite one was the Red Bellied Black Snake. It was a beautiful matte black. We are going to Victor Harbour again next Monday, but just to walk around the town :-) 


We have been working really hard to find new investigators. It has been going slowly... Other than the referrals we were given. But I know if I just do the work and show Heavenly Father that I am sincere in trying he will help me find people that are prepared. I love this work and this gospel. I want everyone to know that I know that it is true. 

 

I love you all and will write to you next Monday!
Love,
Sister Coultrup
--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment