Tuesday 27 October 2015

Everything is Double I mean Awesome!



G'day!
WOW okay, so much news. So last tuesday was transfer meeting and there has been a lot of changes!!! Sister Rooarii was transferred up to DARWIN! I am excited for her, but I also feel bad because it is going to be SO hot to be up there for the summer.
There has been changes to my area. I am quite sure I mentioned that the other Sisters in my district were both transferred so we thought they were closing Christie's Beach area. But NO. This is how the transfer information went:
I am sitting there, my heart beating so fast no idea what to expect. The AP annouces,

"Serving as the Onkaparinga District Sisters are Sister Coultrup, who will finish the training of Sister Reyes, Sister Vaitaiki will also join them."



I stood up with my two other companions we looked at eachother and I just said, "WOW" out loud. I meant to say it in my head but I was so shocked! I am now in a trio, still training. Sister Vaitaiki was in Christie's Beach, she just finished her training. She is from Tonga. Sister Reyes is from the Philipeans, I will be finishing her training, her first area was Darwin. We are now the district sisters. We are in TWO wards, Onkaparinga and Happy Valley. Our area is MASSIVE now. We are so busy. We go to two services on Sunday, two ward councils, two corolation meetings, everything is double! I am still in shock and we are all still trying to figure out just how this will work. But I LOVE my companions! I was already really good friends with Sister V, we get along so well. Sister Reyes is so sweet and we all have a blast together and our lessons are great. At first I was nervous to be put in to a trio because I have always heard they don't work, but we all bonded immediately! 


We have all been trying to get to know the people. I am getting to know Onkaparinga, Sister V is getting to know Happy Valley and Sister Reyes is getting to know everyone haha.
This week we had a fantastic lesson with one of our investigators. We had our ward mission leader and his wife come to the lesson. We asked our investigator to pray and ask whether or not he should be baptized. So we all knelt down and he said a beautiful, very long prayer. And we all just sat there afterwards and just felt the spirit. He said he felt very peaceful and happy, but wants to continue praying. It was a wonderful expereience.
This week my scripture for ponderizing is 2 Nephi 16:8
"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying: whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said: Here am I; send me."

I chose this scripture because I came across it in my morning study today. It really spoke to me. That is how I felt, I have always wanted to serve a mission and if the Lord would have me I would go. Here I am now, serving in Australia. I love it here. I love being a missionary, I love being able to help people in anyway and help them understand their true identity. We are all children of God. Heavenly Father loves us and knows us by name. This is my simple testimony.
A member bought me maple syrup. Because I am Canadian. That was nice! Also Sister V is a pro at braiding hair. I have attached pictures :-)

I love you all, have a wonderful week and HAPPY HALLOWEEN :-) mwahahahahhaha.
Sister Coultrup



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment