Tuesday 23 August 2016

I Follow Jesus Christ on Facebook



G'day!

Another splendid week. I can't believe it is nearly the end of August. You will probably hear me complain about the time running out for the next few months.

This week we went on a trade-off, I was with Sister Tamana from Melbourne and stayed in City East area. It was a great trade-off, I learned a lot. We did heaps of City finding, we ran into some of my investigators from past areas and they asked why I don't come over anymore. That was a little sad.

Also had interviews with President this week! The first thing he said was, "Wow Sister Coultrup, you are almost going home, have you gotten your flights yet?" I almost started crying! Not cool. But it was a great interview, so many wonderful things happening here in the mish!


Working the PVC

On Thursday we opened a zone fast. We were all fasting to achieve our goal of reaching 5 baptisms this transfer! Eeek, that is a big one. We saw many miracles though! Right after we opened our fast we rushed off to the City for a lesson. In that lesson we were able to put our investigators on baptismal date, which was wonderful.

Then later that evening we also saw another one of our investigators, she is deaf. Sister Townsend knows ASL really well, and I am just learning. But here in Australia they speak BSL. It is quite different, luckily our investigator knows a little bit and we are able to still sufficiently teach her and communicate. In that lesson at the end, I wrote in my planner, "Will you follow Jesus Christ and be baptized?" In sign language and writing she told us she already follows Jesus Christ... on Face Book... That was hilarious, I didn't really understand at first but then I got it and had to try not to giggle in amusement because she was totally serious. I finger spelled "example" and pointed to a picture of Jesus Christ and rephrased my question: "Will you follow Jesus Christ's EXAMPLE and be baptized?" That made a lot more sense to her.


You've got to be specific

Also this week we had a PVC event, the AP's were having a baptism and we brought the Saviour of the World display. It was set up in the Chapel for us to teach and show videos in between the time he was baptized and finished drying off. Brandon, who was baptized, invited a few good family friends and they were the only non members there.
We watched 3 videos:
  • Who is Jesus Christ in 60 seconds
  • Hallelujah
  • Because of Him
 Then after we watched the videos we testified of Christ, the spirit was so strong. We invited all who had not already done so to make covenants with our Father in Heaven to receive the many blessings God has waiting for them. Brandon's friends all were crying. Afterwards we got to speak to them and they expressed how they love how they are feeling and the positivity that was there. We explained how that is the Spirit, that is God telling them it is true. They all agreed and asked the missionaries to come over and teach them. Brandon's friend said, "I think this is exactly what I need at this point in my life." What a miracle!

Our investigator Dana also had her baptism interview yesterday (Sunday). She should be baptized next Sunday. She is amazing, so excited for her. She has a very strong love for God and Jesus Christ and a great desire to keep his commandments.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! :)

Love,

Sister Coultrup
--

Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment