Tuesday 30 August 2016

Stepping Into the Light...



G'day!

It has been a great week, we have been tested heaps but everything worked out in the end. Lots of people cancelled on us and no one answered the phone. I feel like it is karma when I used to put my phone on silent and never answer it. I can hear Dad now, "Why do you even have a phone if you never answer it?!" That is how I have felt all week. Alas, it was great anways! We had a baptism!



There were a few scares, we saw her every day this week leading up to her baptism on Sunday and there were two days where she showed up with concerns that the adversary had placed. He is really tricky and tries to stop people because he knows this decision will only bring happiness! But the Spirit lead and we were able to work something out. The baptism was beautiful. Dana bore her testimony and shared some of her experience leading up to this point. We met her exactly 6 weeks ago, on the bus. She explained that she was a lost girl in her darkest part of Australia, and the gospel brought her into the light. She is Chinese and explains that being baptized isn't her abandoning her Chinese culture, but actually embracing it! The gospel standards are parallel to many of the traditional Chinese ways. She chose the closing Hymn to be, "I Believe in Christ". I really felt the Spirit at that moment and reflected upon my mission.



I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I'll gain my fondest dream;
And while I strive through grief and pain,
His voice is heard: "Ye shall obtain."
I believe in Christ; so come what may,
With him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men.

I am so grateful for the gospel in my life so that I can always have that guiding light, Christ. Christ is the Light and Life of the world. I love Him, I am so grateful for his atoning sacrifice. I am grateful that through Him I can start again, and that there is no end. It is such a privilege to be able to see closely how Christ works in other peoples lives as well.

Heaps of love,

Sister Coultrup


--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment