Wednesday 4 May 2016

Candy gets Baptized



G'day everyone!

Soz about the short email last week. So many things were happening. It has calmed down a bit now. This past week has been really busy, with lots of success. We had a baptism! Candice (Candy) got baptized. She is wonderful. She wanted to completely renew her life so she got a haircut as well, haha. Bless her heart. It was a great service, Candy asked me to give a talk. So I talked about Baptism. It went well and also Sister Siale and I sang Brightly Beams Our Fathers Mercy. Sister Siale has a beautiful voice so I am pretty sure I sounded like a frog next to her but that is okay. President and Sister Parker came to the baptism as well. Along with Candy one of the Elder Companionships also had a baptism. David, he is chinese as well, I have had the chance to talk to him a few times when I see him in the City or at church. After the baptism service he came up, shook my hand, and tried to HUG me right in front of Sister Parker! Haha, I was like, "Oh no no no, sorry I cannot hug you!" and he looked so sad and offended and asked why! I felt terrible and just explained how it is not allowed since I am a missionary. Sister Parker was laughing and said she wished she had gotten it on film. He turned around and hugged an Elder instead.


This past week we found 7 new investigators. Which is great. We are not allowed to teach in the library anymore due to complications so we have to teach in the gardens around the City. One evening we went to teach a new investigator and it started RAINING! Our investigator was told us we can just have the lesson another time. I said, "No, if we say a prayer the rain will go away." As soon as we started praying, the rain stopped.

It rained a lot this week, on our way home one night on bikes it was pouring down and so we had to pull over and find shelter. It is not safe biking along main roads, in the dark and the rain, so we had to wait it out so we could get home. It is also raining all today :(

Yesterday was Specialized Training for the City Zone. We are the only Sisters in the Zone. (Ps the zone is also our district, it is quite small). We had the APs and President and Sister Parker come and provide us with a training. It was focused a lot on roleplays and perfecting our teaching. I prayed beforehand for some information on how I can improve myself as a missionary in anyway and I got my answer!

This weekend is Mother's Day and I am looking forward to skyping my family. That evening I will also find out about transfers too, so next Monday you will find out the deets.

Love you all heaps!

Ps. The last picture of three Chinese and myself is Candy, David and Mark(at the bottom), 3 recent converts.



--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment