Tuesday 7 June 2016

One Year Mark



G'day!

This week has been extremely rainy. As per usual, I am sure I complain about the weather every week. Haha, sorry about that.

I had a cool experience this week where I had a question in mind, something that has been bothering me for a while and it was answered in a lesson we had. Funny, I think the lesson WE taught was actually more for me than the investigator. Answers I didn't know I had came out of my mouth and was exactly what I needed to hear. I don't know if it makes much sense, but definitely the Spirit was teaching, not me, and I was able to be edified along side our investigator.

I hit my year mark last week. How weird is that? A year ago I was in the MTC, fresh as a daisy, green as green can be and now I have been out for a year and I am serving in the Heart of Adelaide. I read my first journal entry on my year mark and, oh, how I have changed, how things have changed! It is really incredible. I can see how much I have transformed as a person and it all has been because of Jesus Christ, through following Him as best as I can He has stretched and tweaked me and continues to do so until I become the person he wants me to be. For my 1 year "birthday" Sister Siale took me to this all Amerian place called Nord Burger for lunch. It was really nice. We had appointments the rest of the day then a member took us out for dinner. It was pretty good, no I did not burn anything like other missionaries usually do.

On Saturday we had a 12 hour training. From 8:30am until 9pm we were told. I have never been in a training that long! All day we roleplayed different things, How to being teaching, inviting to baptism and finding. Also every single practice teaching was filmed on an iPad then uploaded onto President's laptop, then showed to the whole zone on the big screen and evaluated. NO PRESSURE RIGHT? It was a really full and exhausting day. I had a massive headache about halfway through. At around 7pm we were finishing the finding evaluations when one of the assistants said, "I am tired of being in this chapel, let's leave, and apply!" So we
did, they drove us all back into the City and we were given a specific part of the City to talk to people. We did that for an hour then were told to meet back at King William street at 8pm. President said he had a great surprise for us. They took us into a building and revealed to us our brand new teaching space! It is called the ZION CENTER! It is a floor of a building with rooms to teach in for City missionaries. This is almost better than Christmas, we really needed a space to teach because we can't teach outside anymore because it is raining and we have had no where else to go.
Also, Rundle Mall is open for proselyting too! Rundle Mall is a section of street that connects to this massive mall and this is where all the people are. It has been forbidden to preachers since the early 90s. But through our Mission President's diligence and persistence it is now open to us in some limited ways which is better than nothing. We also now have these really cool stands that share all the lessons and have Mormon Messages on them which we can use here in the City. 

I am so excited for all these new and big changes, the City just got even more exciting. Big things are happening here in Adelaide! So grateful to be apart of mission history! 

Love,

Sister Coultrup

--
Sister Bethany Victoria Coultrup
Australia Adelaide Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment